Sunday, February 28, 2010

My First Track Day




















My first track day was at Willow Springs on a MotoYard day. I chose the New Riders School and both the Streets of Willow and The Road Course. The day started off a little shitty with me losing my bike key and all... but after about an hour of freaking out, someone found it and returned it to me just in time for me to get to the track tech to make sure my bike was sound. After a little orientation with how the road course is situated, we went out and got used to the track. All of the MotoYard guys were amazing and helped me in a lot of ways. Only on the actual track were they a little hard to follow, because they would just pull away everytime I tried to follow. At the end of the day I ran a 1:52(Good enough for a club license) and hit 150mph on the straight. Both of those accomplishments gave me a big shit eatin grin.

No comments: